Friday, February 9, 2007

Mass Confusion

I don't get it...
I thought computers were supposed to simplify our lives...

Ok, for photography and graphics the computer at least makes retouching and layout much easier than traditional darkroom techniques. I would even argue that there are some things you can do on a computer that are impossible in the darkroom

But lately I have been trying to find a calendar that I can use regularly. I guess in the old days I would carry around a daytimer, but that has never been me. I still use a palm, but it has limitations, such as adding appointments, and a small screen. I tried to set up egroupware on my server, and I liked a lot of things about it, but maintaining it was a pain, and it crashed often. Outlook has great functionality, but, like a lot of other PIM software, it is only on one computer. If I am at work or out and about, I have no access.

My latest solution is Google Calendar. While it doesn't have all the bells and whistles that are fun to play with, it is a good functional calendar. It is available from every web enabled computer. I think I need to get past the "playing with software" phase and into just using the software.

No comments:

Post a Comment